Deadly earthquake in Western Iran, also well felt in Kuwait and Southern Iraq – July 8, 2019

Have you felt the shaking? If Yes, tell us by using the I FELT IT form behind the earthquake or at the bottom of this page.
Using our EQ Report iOS or Android app would even be easier and very informative (links in banner above this text).
Leave this page open  in a browser tab as it will refresh automatically every 5 minutes

Update 21:58 UTC:

Update 21:57 UTC:

Update 21:52 UTC:  New update about the damage (source : Jens Skapski EID)
*** 1 fatality
*** 112 people injured
*** 1000 houses damaged
*** 61 houses collapsed

Update 10:50 UTC:

Update 10:45 UTC:  So sad to report that 1 person lost his life due to this earthquake. 47 were injured
So far 100 houses have been reported damaged and at least 65 have been destroyed completely.

Update 08:03 UTC:  Shaking map with possible related damage from the natural disaster specialists at CATnews (Risklayer – CEDIM), Karlsruhe, Germany. Map generated by Andreas Schäfer.

Update 07:33 UTC:  Professor Max Wyss, who specialises in theoretical prognoses of injuries and fatalities expects :
10 to 200 fatalities
50 to 500 wounded
At ER, we believe that it will be maximum less than the lower numbers

Update 07:30 UTC:  Only few villages in the area of the epicenter. A dam is at about 5 km but dams are meant to withstand far higher Magnitudes than today’s.

Update 07:28 UTC:  The 1.1 million inhabitants city of Ahwaz is at a relatively safe distance of 106 km from the epicenter.

Update 07:24 UTC:  Iranian local agencies are reporting a Magnitude of 5.7 at a depth of 17 km

Update 07:12 UTC:  Based on the present earthquake parameters (Magnitude, Depth, Population, etc) and our experience with earthquake damage impact, earthquake-report.com does expect at least some slight damage like cracks in walls, fallen tiles, etc.

Most important Earthquake Data:

Magnitude : 5.3

Local Time (conversion only below land) : Unknown

GMT/UTC Time : 2019-07-08 07:00:31

Depth (Hypocenter) : 10 km

Depth and Magnitude updates in the list below.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Share your earthquake experience (I Have Felt It) with our readers.
Click on the “I Felt It” button behind the corresponding earthquake. Your earthquake experience is not only important for science, but also for people in the area as well as our global readership.

var i_23c297b469ea8f46ce5e12b7d1a0324b=0;

I Felt It

INFO

I Felt It

INFO

I Felt It

INFO

I Felt It

INFO

I Felt It

INFO

0 AND x.m0 AND x2.m 1.0) AND (date_time >= 1562544000 AND date_time Refresh this list
SRC Location UTC Date/time M D INFO

MAP
    GEOFON Western Iran Jul 08 07:00 5.3 10 MAP
    <!–

MAP
  • salmiya – two times for 3 seconds
  • Dasman – Light shaking
  • Salwa – My bed was shaking along with a few other things in my room
  • Mangas – 5-10 sec
  • Kuwait – Strong shaking
  • Sharq – Very weak shaking
  • Jabriya – Strong shaking sitting at my office on the 4th floor of the building
  • Kuwait city – it lasts for 2 or 3 mins
  • kuwait – Light shaking
  • Dasman – in the ofice working and felt my chair vibrate a little, although not many felt it
  • Abu halifa – Strong shaking
  • Kuwait City – Just a mild shaking felt. Lasted for about 30 to 45 seconds.
  • kuwait city – Very weak shaking
  • Mangaf – Strong shaking in the building
  • Kuwait city – Very weak shaking
  • salmiya – aprrox 3 to 4 mins
  • hawally – very strong shaking at my building 08th floor
  • Hawally – No damages. Shaking lasted for 2 mins or so.
  • Kuwait city – It lasts for 1 to 2 mins
  • Kuwait City – Very weak shaking
  • Salmiya – Moderate shaking
  • Kuwait City – Moderate shaking
  • Salmiya – Moderate shaking
  • Farwaniya – Moderate shaking
  • Farwaniya – Moderate shaking in my bldg. 7th floor
  • AL RAI – it lasted 10secs
  • fahaheel – It was about 5 to 8 seconds. Not a very big shake, but moderate. I stay in the seventh floor of an apartment. Got scared a little bit. Thought of going out, but when peeped thru window. nobody was outside, hence stayed back thinking it is finished
  • KUWAIT CITY – Light shaking
  • Hawaly – 8th floor
  • Salmiya – 5seconds of shaking……no damage..alhamdulillah
  • Salmiya – 5seconds of shaking…no damage
  • Hawally – I felt strong shake in our office bldg 15 th floor
  • hawally – Moderate shaking
  • Shuwaikh Al Jahra Road – Very weak shaking
  • Ahmadi – 3sec shaking
  • Salmiya – Saw water in the aquarium tank swirling around, Felt like the sofa was moving upwards
  • Salmiya – 30s – 1 minite of shaking
  • KIPCO Tower, kuwait city – at 33rd floor, ceiling fixtures swayed little for about 10 seconds
  • Sharq – Felt the Office shaking, The blinds and the plants shaking. Might have lasted about 10 – 15 secs. Shake was very very weak at the beginning then increased in intensity slightly.
  • Mangaf – I felt my chair shaking clearly for a few seconds.
  • Riggae – 10s
  • hawally – It lasted for about 15 seconds. The shakes got weaker as they progressed but they were enough to shake my bed and shift it along the floor slightly.
  • hadiya – Light shaking
  • Fahaheal – Lasted some 10 seconds may be..felt bed shaking and other hanging things in house were moving
  • Kuwait – No damage to property occurred but this was a rare earthquake where everyone around me (in office) felt it. The earthquake has been confirmed with epicenter somewhere in Western Iran.
  • Sharq, Shaheed Tower, 11th Floor – My body was swaying back and forth which lasted about 45 seconds
  • Mangaf – Felt my chair shaking
  • Kuwait City – There was broad movement in the office. On the table, Flower leaves shook. the table moved with the floor.
  • Salmiya – I felt the shaking
  • AbuhLifa – Sttrong shaking while I was sitting in sofa .
  • Salmiya – Strong shaking
  • Ahvaz, Iran – Strong shaking
  • Hawally – Office at 11th floor. I felt the dizziness
  • hawally – Moderate shaking in the 2nd and 4th floor of the office building
  • eagila – Light shaking
  • Hawally – I felt the office was shaking for 5 seconds. No damage. Thanks God. But I have little headache now.
  • sharq – Glass Doors were shacking
  • Khaitan – In 9th floor, 10 seconds,
  • Ahmadi – I felt moderate shaking in our building
  • Eagila – Felt 10 seconds
  • Jahra – Only for 2 seconds mild shaking
  • Salmiya – Moderate shaking
  • JABRIYA – I was sitting on my couch, n felt as if my couch is swinging. It was 1 hour before. I thought I’m just giddy because of pregnancy, but no it was very strong shake.
  • Kuwait – Light shaking
  • Salmiya – Two cycles, 3 seconds apart, first around 8 seconds, second around 5 seconds, hanging planter swayed a bit
  • Sharq – My office chair shook, I could see it and I thought I was being dizzy. As it subsided, after an interval, I continued to feel a vibration in my chair, like when the mobile is in vibrate mode.
  • Hawaly – 9th floor in our bldg. lasted for 5 seconds.
  • Busaiteen, Bahrain – Light shaking
  • Salmiya – Light shaking
  • Farwaniya – Kitchen utensils were shaking with noise
  • Kuwait city – Strong shaking
  • Tunis Street, Hawally – I felt like my chair was vibrating for few seconds and even the mirror was shaking…din’t know what it was before but guessed it was earthquake..
  • Sharq – Light shaking
  • Mangaf – Moderate shaking
  • KHAITAN – Light shaking
  • Kuwait City – Slight Shaking felt (2 intervals)
  • Kuwait city – Light shaking
  • Kuwait City – 3 seconds. Very mild.
  • salmiya – I was in my office which is at 9th floor. i felt like dizziness, suddenly I felt my chair was shaking abnormally. I was panic and I saw the hanging light in my office was shaking. then I got to know that its an earthquake. I was panic for some moment.
  • Kuwait City – Did feel the shaking for few seconds, and most people could see the furniture shaking.
    some evacuated the building. But no damage by God’s grace
  • Kuwait City – Around 10 secs
  • SALMIYA – I felt dizzyness like contractor Nesamani who got hit on his head. God’s grace, nothing happened to any one.
  • Shaab Al Bahri – Light shaking
  • sharq – Felt strongly twice while sitting in the office
  • Mahboula – Curtains started shaking on 8th floor
  • Kuwait City – Two tremors of 5 to 7 seconds each at 10am – no property damage.
  • Adan – Weak shaking
  • kuwait – Very weak shaking
  • Hawalli – My chair was moving as well as my desk. The first time I felt an earthquake.
  • Salmiya – I thought I was feeling dizzy and when I looked around Ibsaw the cupboards moving. It happened twice. When I checked the internet there was no information regarding earthquake. So I thought I had imagined it.
  • Kuwait – very weak shaking , happened twice at around 10 am .
  • Free trade zone – Moderate shaking
  • Farwaniya – It was about 5 to 8 seconds. Not a very big shake, but moderate. I was on the 10th floor of my office building. Got scared a little bit. No damage though but feeling dizziness.
  • Abu fatira – I was on the coach when the place started shaking, it felt like the house was moving lightly left and right, at first I thought my head spinning, it took longer than 20 seconds
  • Sharq – Light shaking
  • 4th Ring Road, Shuwaik – Felt two times for about 5 to 6 seconds
  • Fahaheel – The building shaking thing due to the earthquake tremors happend at around 10:02 am local time
  • Salmiya – Probably 10 to 15 seconds felt like bed was shaking
  • Kuwait – 120 sec
  • Yes – Yes I felt
  • Mahboula – I felt it too
  • Maliya – Twice 10 second each
  • salmiya – From 8th floor i felt sofa and table vibrating for few seconds, came out quickly and informed watchman, noticed some mild cracks on lift side,not noticed before,
  • Mahboula – Yes I feel it . I’m in 8th floor . I feel light shaking about 10 sec
  • Bushehr, Iran – Moderate shaking

• FOLLOW earthquake-report.com on TWITTER : @Quake_tracker4

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Other earthquakes in the greater epicenter area

Strongest earthquakes (since 1900) within a 150 km radius from this earthquake

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 18.31.30

zTime goes here

Yes, I want to receive e-mail earthquake alerts based on the list/area below

[+] Read before you subscribe – click here

• The selection of a weak Magnitude, a 24 hour delivery on a worldwide list would result in an avalanche of emails (each earthquake will generate an E-mail). A more selective Magnitude, delivery option and area of your interest will give the best result.
    • As we have decided not to use a control panel or password, the parameters of your subscription can only be changed by canceling your subscription (link in each Email we send). To fine-tune your options, simply generate a new subscription.
    • We will not share your E-mail with anyone else, it will be used only for earthquake alerts.
    • Please make sure that you are white listing our emails as otherwise they may be deviated to your spam folder.
    Delivery frequency

Enter your email address:

var LAST_MAP_URL=””;
    var LAST_SUB_LINK=””;

var ssid = “7cfop6ngj2a909j457q9c4pcmb”;
    intvs = new Object;

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ) {

jQuery.fn.center = function ()
    //this.css(“position”,”absolute”);
    this.css(“left”, ((jQuery(window).width() – this.outerWidth()) / 2) + jQuery(window).scrollLeft() + “px”);
    return this;
    }
    jQuery.fn.hcenter = function ()
    //this.css(“position”,”absolute”);
    //this.css(“top”, ((jQuery(window).height() – this.outerHeight()) / 2) + jQuery(window).scrollTop() + “px”);
    return this;
    jQuery(“#quake_warning_link”).click( function(e)
    e.preventDefault();
    jQuery(“#quake_warning_link span”).html(
    jQuery(“#quake_warning_link span”).text() == “[+]”
    ? “[-]”

newbox
    );
    newbox
    .focus()
    .select()
    .blur(function(e) {
    var txt = jQuery(this).attr(“txt”)
    jQuery(this).parent().html(txt);
    jQuery(this).remove();
    })
    }).css(“cursor”, “pointer”)

jQuery(“#subs_data form”).live(“submit”, function(e)
    e.preventDefault();
    var FORM = this;
    var FORM_DATA = jQuery(this).serialize();
    var xurl2 = “https://earthquake-report.com/wp-content/plugins/quakesos/subscribe.php”;

jQuery.post
    xurl2,
    FORM_DATA,
    function(data)
    if (data != “OK”)
    msg = “
    “+data+”
    “;
    else
    msg = “
    Successfully subscribed to following feed! Please check your email to activate the subscription.
    “;

jQuery(“#subs_overlay”).fadeOut();
    msg = jQuery(msg);
    LAST_SUB_LINK
    .after(msg)
    msg.fadeIn(1000, function() { msg.fadeOut(7000, function(){msg.remove();})});

);

jQuery(“.quake_subs_link”).live(“click”, function(e)
    e.preventDefault();
    var conditions = jQuery(this).attr(“c”);
    //alert(conditions);
    var ifr = jQuery(”);
    ifr
    .css(“width”, jQuery(“#subs_overlay”).width() + “px”)
    .attr(“src”, “https://localhost”)

jQuery(“#subs_overlay”)
    .css(“z-index”, 2000)
    jQuery(“#subs_data form input[name=”c”]”)
    .val(conditions)

jQuery(“#subs_overlay”)
    .hcenter()
    .fadeIn(1000, function() { jQuery(“#subs_data form input[name=”email”]”).focus() })
    LAST_SUB_LINK = jQuery(this);
    })
    .css(“cursor”, “pointer”)
    jQuery(“#subs_data form input[type=”button”]”).live(“click”, function(e)
    jQuery(“#subs_overlay”).fadeOut();
    })
    jQuery(“.map_link”).live(“click”, function(e)
    e.preventDefault();
    var url = jQuery(this).attr(“href”);
    var loc = jQuery(this).attr(“location”);
    var mag = jQuery(this).attr(“magnitude”);
    var lat = jQuery(this).attr(“lat”);
    var long = jQuery(this).attr(“long”);
    jQuery(“#map_title”).html(“” + loc + ” (magnitude: ” + mag + “) GEO: “+lat +”, “+long);

/*if (LAST_MAP_URL == url)
    jQuery(“#map_overlay”)
    .fadeIn(1000)
    return;
    }*/
    LAST_MAP_URL = url;

var ifr = jQuery(”);
    ifr
    .css(“width”, jQuery(“#map_overlay”).width() + “px”)
    //.css(“height”, (jQuery(“#map_overlay”).height()-70) + “px”)
    .attr(“src”, “https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=”+loc+”, Region@”+lat+”,”+long+”&z=8&output=embed&t=h&iwloc=near&ev=kh&view=map&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8″)

jQuery(“#map_overlay”)

}).css(“cursor”, “pointer”)

jQuery(“#refresh_list”).live(“click”, function(e)
    e.preventDefault();
    var quake_data= jQuery(this).attr(“quake_data”);
    var data = {“action”: “get_refresh_list”,”quake_data”: quake_data};
    jQuery(“.eq_with_comments”).html(“”);
    jQuery.post(“https://earthquake-report.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php”, data, function(response) {
    jQuery(“.eq_with_comments”).html(response);
    //console.log(response);
    })

//refreshcode

function quake_auto_refresh(tid,max)
    var iid = tid;//jQuery(“table [iid=”+tid+”]”).attr(“iid”);
    jQuery.get(
    “https://earthquake-report.com/wp-content/plugins/quakesos/latest.php?iid=”+iid+”&mx=”+max,
    function(data)
    if (data == “”)
    return;
    data = data.split(ssid);
    if (data[1] == “” || data[1] == undefined)
    return;
    var newmax = parseInt(data[1]);
    var obj = jQuery(data[0]);
    obj.css(“opacity”, 0.1);
    jQuery(“table[iid=”+iid+”]”)
    .find(“tr”)
    .first()
    .after(obj)
    obj.animate({opacity:1}, 1000);

clearInterval(intvs[tid].interval);
    intvs[tid].interval = setInterval(“quake_auto_refresh(‘”+tid+”‘, “+newmax+”)”,intvs[tid].time);
    );

.MMI_help {
    background-color:#eeeeee;
    color:gray;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size:11px;
    padding:4px;
    .MMI_note {
    display:none;
    font-size:12px;
    padding:15px;
    border:1px dotted gray;
    background-color:#eeeeee;

SHARE YOUR EARTHQUAKE EXPERIENCE WITH US
    Please enable javascript in your browser in order to submit this form.

<!–

I felt the shaking *
    Country where you felt the earthquake * Afghanistanaland IslandsAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Antarctic TerritoryBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBritish Virgin IslandsBruneiBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCanton and Enderbury IslandsCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos [Keeling] IslandsColombiaComorosCongo – BrazzavilleCongo – KinshasaCook IslandsCosta RicaC?te d?IvoireCroatiaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicDronning Maud LandEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland IslandsFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern and Antarctic TerritoriesFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemalaGuernseyGuineaGuinea-BissauGuyanaHaitiHeard Island and McDonald IslandsHondurasHong Kong SAR ChinaHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIraqIrelandIsle of ManIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJerseyJohnston IslandJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKuwaitKyrgyzstanLaosLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacau SAR ChinaMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMetropolitan FranceMexicoMicronesiaMidway IslandsMoldovaMonacoMongoliaMontenegroMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmar [Burma]NamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNetherlands AntillesNeutral ZoneNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorth KoreaNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPacific Islands Trust TerritoryPakistanPalauPalestinian TerritoriesPanamaPanama Canal ZonePapua New GuineaParaguayPeople’s Democratic Republic of YemenPeruPhilippinesPitcairn IslandsPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarR?unionRomaniaRussiaRwandaSaint Barth?lemySaint HelenaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint MartinSaint Pierre and MiquelonSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoS?o Tom? and Pr?ncipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSerbia and MontenegroSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia and the South Sandwich IslandsSouth KoreaSpainSri LankaSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan MayenSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTimor-LesteTogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluU.S. Minor Outlying IslandsU.S. Miscellaneous Pacific IslandsU.S. Virgin IslandsUgandaUkraineUnion of Soviet Socialist RepublicsUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUnknown or Invalid RegionUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVatican CityVenezuelaVietnamVietnamWake IslandWallis and FutunaWestern SaharaYemenZambiaZimbabwe
    City/Village where you felt the earthquake *
    Street or suburb (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Latitude (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Longitude (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Time that you felt the earthquake (local time)
    Shaking Strength *
    MMI II (Very weak shaking) ?

People :
    Felt by persons at rest, on upper floors or favorably placed.
    MMI III (Weak shaking) ?

People :
    MMI IV (Light shaking) ?

People :
    Fittings :
    Structures :
    MMI V (Moderate shaking) ?

People :
    Fittings :
    Structures :
    Some large display windows cracked. A few earthenware toilet fixtures cracked.
    MMI VI (Strong shaking) ?

People
    Felt by all. People and animals alarmed. Many run outside. Difficulty experienced in walking steadily.
    Fittings :
    Objects fall from shelves. Pictures fall from walls. Some furniture moved on smooth floors, some unsecured free-standing fireplaces moved. Glassware and crockery broken. Very unstable furniture overturned. Small church and school bells ring. Appliances move on bench or table tops. Filing cabinets or “easy glide” drawers may open (or shut).
    Structures :
    Environment :
    MMI VII (Very strong shaking) ?

People
    Fittings :
    Structures :
    Environment :
    MMI VIII (Severe shaking) ?

People
    Alarm may approach panic. Steering of motorcars greatly affected.

Structures :
    Low standard buildings heavily damaged, some collapse. ordinary workmanship buildings damaged, some with partial collapse. Reinforced masonry or concrete buildings damaged in some cases. A few instances of damage to buildings and bridges designed and built to resist earthquakes. Monuments and pre-1976 elevated tanks and factory stacks twisted or brought down. Some pre-1965 infill masonry panels damaged. A few post-1980 brick veneers damaged. Decayed timber piles of houses damaged. Houses not secured to foundations may move. Most unreinforced domestic chimneys damaged, some below roof-line, many brought down.

Environment :
    Cracks appear on steep slopes and in wet ground. Small to moderate slides in roadside cuttings and unsupported excavations. Small water and sand ejections and localized lateral spreading adjacent to streams, canals, lakes, etc.

MMI IX (Violent shaking) ?

Structures
    Many low standard buildings destroyed. Ordinary workmanship buildings heavily damaged, some collapse. Reinforced masonry or concrete buildings damaged, some with partial collapse. Buildings and bridges designed and built to resist earthquakes damaged in some cases, some with flexible frames seriously damaged. Damage or permanent distortion to some buildings and bridges, designed and built to normal use standards. Houses not secured to foundations shifted off. Brick veneers fall and expose frames.

Environment :
    Cracking of ground conspicuous. Landsliding general on steep slopes. Liquefaction effects intensified and more widespread, with large lateral spreading and flow sliding adjacent to streams, canals, lakes, etc.

Tell us your experience and how many seconds the shaking lasted + let us know if your property has been damaged (even slight damage). (max. 500 characters)

* mandatory fields <!–

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ) {

jQuery(“.hover_bkgr_fricc”).click(function(){
    jQuery(“.hover_bkgr_fricc”).hide();
    jQuery(“.popupCloseButton”).click(function(){
    jQuery(“.hover_bkgr_fricc”).hide();
    var captcha_url = “https://earthquake-report.com/wp-content/plugins/quakesos”;
    var xurl = “https://earthquake-report.com/wp-content/plugins/quakesos/experience.php”;
    var url1 = jQuery(“.quake_felt”).first().attr(“href”);

if (PREV_MII_Help)
    PREV_MII_Help.fadeOut(300);
    var h = jQuery(this).next();
    h
    .css("position","absolute")
    .css("width", "500px")
    .css("left", (parseInt(jQuery(this).css("left"))+50) + "px")
    .css("top", (parseInt(jQuery(this).css("top"))+50) + "px")
    //.hcenter()

if (PREV_MII_Help && h.html() == PREV_v)
    PREV_MII_Help.fadeOut(300);

alert(data);

else
    jQuery("#comments,#captcha,#location,#local_eq_time").val("");
    jQuery("#form_overlay #qid").val("-1");
    jQuery('input[name="experience"]').removeAttr("checked");
    jQuery("#quake_success").html("
    Earthquake-Report.com appreciates sharing your experience with our readers!”);
    jQuery(“html, body”).animate({ scrollTop: $(“#form_overlay”).offset().top }, 100);
    jQuery(“.hover_bkgr_fricc”).show();

.val(“”);
    //jQuery(“#email”)
    //.focus();

//jQuery(“#captcha_img”)
    // .attr(“src”, captcha_url + “/captcha.php?” + Date());
    /*jQuery(“#captcha_reload”)
    .attr(“src”, captcha_url + “/reload.png”)
    .attr(“alt”, “Reload security captcha”)
    .attr(“title”, “Reload security captcha”)
    .css(“cursor”, “pointer”)
    .click(function(e) {
    jQuery(“#captcha_img”)
    .attr(“src”, captcha_url + “/captcha.php?” + Date());
    });
    jQuery(“html, body”).animate({ scrollTop: $(“#form_overlay”).offset().top }, 500,
    function() {
    var fld = “#email”;
    if (jQuery(fld).val() != “”)
    fld = “#form_overlay input[name=”location”]”;
    jQuery(fld)
    .focus()
    .select()
    );
    jQuery(“#experience_close”).click(function(e)
    jQuery(“#form_overlay”)
    .fadeOut(1000);
    }).css(“cursor”, “pointer”)

source

Click on a tab to select how you'd like to leave your comment